What a creative imagination this guy has! This guy meaning Neil Gaimen. There is some weird stuff going on in this book. Ghulheim, for instance. Well I found out that heim is German for "home" and the Ghul i'm guessing is for ghoul. So the name explains itself. It sounds like Bod's experiences were inspired by Alice in Wonderland but it turns out when he gets to the bottom of the hole his experience will be much different. When he ends up there and the sky is described as red you already know that he is going to use his Night-Gaunt call in some way to save himself, so there is no real suspense, i mean the book isn't over yet so you know he is going to get out of it in some way.
And how does he get out?
Something we talked about is class the other day, Deus Ex Machina. All of a sudden the Night - Gaunt swoops down and saves him, but before that instace it seems that, altough they heard him calling for help ealier, they didn't get why he was calling for help.I wasn't too surprised by the ending but for once i wish Bod could have gotten himself out of his predicament himself.
Did anyone else think the same thing?
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Chapter 2 - Chapter 3
Posted by Halie D at 9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I liked that you did your research and thought of the novel in that way. I think Bod not being able to save himself from the mess he caused is a sign of his innocence. I think it will be a big revelation in the book and possibly the ending of the bildungsroman when Bod begins to rely on himself and lose his innocence. Good thinking!
Post a Comment